Friday, October 9, 2009

it was cosmic

We went cosmic bowling yesterday! Do I really need to say that we had fun? Boo-boo was determined to bowl on her own. So I gave her wings and let her fly at it!
The girls got creative and turned their glow-sticks into earrings and bracelets. Each of the older two got at least one strike.
I was thinking bowling was kind of an out-of-date pasttime! Was I ever wrong! Turn of the lights and put on some whites and you have a real party!
Afterwards we joined other kids, parents and adults for a picnic in the local park. It was a great afternoon where the girls met new friends and enjoyed the outdoors.

10 comments:

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Very cool bowling!

You left a comment that said "what kind of craption is that?" What does this mean?

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Gotcha! It's great fun! C'mon out...we'll take you mudding!

stitching under oaks said...

we've never been cosmic bowling...it looks very cool and fun. the leaves are lookin' beautiful in your part of the the world! Have a great weekend!

Kim's Kraziness said...

Glow bowling!!! So much fun!

Renee said...

We have an alley they holds cosmic bowling birthday parties. It used to be a really popular venue.

What a great park for a picnic. Love fall. :)

Stephanie said...

I love bowling, Andy and I use to go bowling a lot when we first started dating. They had glow bowling too but never went to that. It does look like a lot of fun though!

It sure does look like fall where you are! Looks like a great day! Hope your weekend is the same. :)

Alison said...

Those trees look so lovely! And I always knew bowling was fun, and a lot more fun now that they're pretty much smoke-free!! (I remember having to shower after coming home from bowling with friends in junior high!)

Denise said...

I love bowling but we never get around to doing it. I really should make the effort and take my dd and hubby, I know we'd have a fun time.

Alison said...

That looks like so much fun! Great pics! My youngest just mentioned that we "should really go bowling sometime soon..." I think this might be a sign that it's time!
How are those socks coming?...aren't you just loving this project?!

Christina said...

I love the glow-stick earrings! That was very creative. Your fall colors are beautiful...lucky you. : )