Thursday, October 1, 2009

good morning autumn

I opened the shade on my daughter's window to see that we are truly being greeted by autumn. Her window was covered in condensation, the sky was blue and the colours are changing all around us. I needed to get outside for a moment to feel fall on my face. Have a fresh breath before we start our school day.
I see the changes of the seasons not only in the colours around me, but also in the mountains around us. A few weeks ago there was no snow on the mountains at all. They were still bare from summer heat. Now it seems there is a little more each day. If you look carefully you can see how autumn still hangs on below the clouds.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow beautiful view! But I don't know if I can handle looking at snow yet.

Kim's Kraziness said...

Looks fresh and invigorating. a great way to start the day...you captured a moment!!! It is nice to be able to say i know where those shots were taken!!

crochetgurl said...

I love autumn. I think it's my favorite season. :-)

Those leaves are lovely, btw.

Larissa said...

what a gorgeous mountain view! i wouldn't get anything done if i could see that mountain out my window.

Eva said...

Wow..those mountains are breathtaking...So wonderfully made by God himself...Ahh