Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a beret for papaya

I came across these lovely patterns by Sirdar. A booklet of 11 designs for women and girls. Which in my case fits me perfectly. I had been wanting to knit a beret for Papaya. She has a cute fuschia wool coat that is will look positively great with.
Since I am almost done, I wanted to try it on for size. Partly because the last few nights have been busy doing bookwork.
She is loving the result! How do you like all my unfinished ends?
She just lost another tooth today and as cute as that smile may be, I am a little worried that it will need straightening at some point. The new teeth just aren't fitting into the holes the old teeth left.
Oh well! Worries for another day. Right now I have one happy little girl who will also find a loonie under her pillow in the morning.

11 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

I love beret`s on kids, they just look so dang cute, Papaya is no exception!

crochetgurl said...

The beret is looking good! I love berets. They're probably the only type of hat I like to wear. :-)

Kim's Kraziness said...

Should I measure my head for you now? Love it! And it looks fabulous on Papaya...give her a squishy from me please???

stitching under oaks said...

so cute! I love toothless smiles and that beret is so adorable.

Renee said...

Girls and berets go together really well. :)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

She's adorable! The beret's going to be cute too. Save up your $$$ for braces. My daughter had to have them in two phases which lasted about 5 years. Her mouth is worth a fortune.

Big Daddy said...

Dang! She had all those while she was here in August.

Kristyn Knits said...

she's adorable!
and your beret looks great too!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Girls and berets - a winning combination!

Sara said...

Cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been thinking about putting together a beginner's journal with a few supplies, but need a wholesale license first. I appreciate the feedback on my first day!

Christina said...

CUTE! I'll hope to be able to see some photos of the finished project in the future.