Saturday, October 17, 2009

safety first?

I'm wondering if anyone else sees what's wrong with this picture?
If any other wife might look out the window a second time and raise their eyebrows?
I have a husband that is well versed in safety.
He operates a company that is "safe-certified".
He uses off-road vehicles, ATV's, generators, saws etc. He knows what to do and not to do. More so, he knows how to do it right!
I am certain that if he happened to be the one looking out the window and I was perched on top of the ladder that things might look a tad different from his perspective.
At least he didn't spend the whole afternoon standing up there. After awhile he got tired of standing and tried sitting in the tree. Worked for a while, but not too long.
This next position seemed to work best. Propped up nice and comfy, a few good branches surrounding him. So that if he did fall, those branches might cushion or at least slow his descent.
Heh! Who needs a ladder anyway! Apparently for some jobs they are just over-rated. But then again it is always good to keep it close by, you just don't know when you might need it.

7 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

I agree, Moose is 100% Mister Overdo it safety but he can stand on the top of a ladder.... but if I were too I'd be hearing about it!!! There must be a seperate set of rules for these safety guys!

Stephanie said...

When I worked we kept a lot of our supplies up on top of a huge cabinet. I was usually the one to retrieve things and would often stand on the top of the ladder since I am short and couldn't reach otherwise. Everyone would just cringe until I got down. I knew it wasn't safe but I have the need to get things done...safely or not. At least your husband had someone watching his back. :)

Kim's Kraziness said...

Reminds me of my dad....safety first for us...but for him....hmmmm, he'll think about it after the job is done!

Heather said...

I have terrible fears of heights, and I don't think that I could have even watched. My husband is the same way, if that had been me up there, he would have been terrified, but him doing it would not even raise one safety concern. Of course, he is the one who has fallen off scaffolding and fractured his foot, so go figure :)

Kristyn Knits said...

he. he.
I don't have those worries...my husband is afraid of heights. And if he does get up on the ladder, I'm at the bottom.

stitching under oaks said...

that's something my guy would do too....of course I can't get on him. I'm the one who was on top of the extension ladder cleaning the side of the house when he came home one day.

Renee said...

Men have different rules for themselves...
Now you know where your daughters monkey genes came from. lol