Monday, October 12, 2009

and therefore i will hope

In my part of the world, today was Thanksgiving.

Yesterday, I was outside and I was trying to think of what I was thankful for. I was a little unsettled however, kind of cranky, so the exercise was not proving very fruitful. I should have been thankful for the blue sky and sun on my face, as I usually am but couldn't quite shake the "blahs".

As I planted my fall bulbs and continued to ponder on the topic, I realized that I am thankful for hope. Really thankful actually.

So often I can get lost on this journey of life. I try to figure things and can't make sense of them. I try to understand people or fix a problem and botch it. Sometimes, like yesterday, I just feel discontented and can't completely understand why. At those moments it would be easy to stay there, wallow, get sucked in or just give up.

But we don't need to! We have hope and that really shouldn't be taken for granted. Hope for eternity through Jesus Christ our Saviour. Hope that sets us free to not need to be perfect, have it all together, be understood or even understand. Hope that says God has created us in His image and even though we can't see or comprehend it, we are slowly being molded into his heavenly likeness.

So this Thanksgiving I am thankful for hope. A hope that raises me out of my mire, sets my feet on a solid place, focuses my eyes on the finish line and reminds me that my reward, the one that I truly long form, is not in this world.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great post and Happy Thanksgiving!

crochetgurl said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm going to guess...do you live in Canada?

The pot stickers were really easy to make. You can find the recipe at http://steamykitchen.com/718-potstickers.html .

I ended up making 161 pot stickers over the weekend, although I certainly didn't intend to! I didn't realize a couple pounds of meat would go such a long ways. It's quite economical too since I probably paid $20 for ingredients. :-)

stitching under oaks said...

Amen! You preach it girl! That's a good word...and timely for me. Thanks for sharing. and Happy Thanksgiving!

Eva said...

Happy Thanksgiving

I am also thankful for hope.....hope of what is to come!

Christina said...

That was very encouraging. Thank you.

Renee said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Everyday is worthy to give thanks.
I'm very thankful for hope too. :)

Kelly said...

Good thoughts, thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

What a wonderful post. I am holding hope and faith in my heart right at the moment, and these were beautiful words to hear right now.

Kristyn Knits said...

Hope is playing a role in my life right now as well. He is our greatest hope, thanks for the reminder!