Wednesday, February 11, 2009

now you see it, now you don't

this is my thrummed mitten that i have been working on
until recently it looked like this
and now it looks like this (below)
i was really frustrated with my progress, for a number of reasons,
and decided to pull it out and start over
a friend said i should just keep moving on
but i had completely lost my motivation for the project
probably the biggest reason was it was really hard to get on my hand (too small)
but i had also dropped a stitch, made my thrums way too big,
accidentally knit the cuff too long etc
so two nights ago, i took a deep breath and started to unravel
i feel much better now! feels like a clean slate
last night i began re-working my thrums
and this is what they are suppose to look like
wispy, ends tucked together and rolled a bit in the middle
mine are probably still a little bulky but not as bad as they were
so here is to my new start!
today when i couldn't find my children
i found one cuddled up here
and the other cuddled up here
guess when it is cold, there is not better place to be
then snuggled up under quilts and blankets!

3 comments:

Renee said...

I love that book!! Little House on the Prairie brings back fond memories for me, both the book and the series.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Little House On The Prairie - now that brings on some warm feelings!

Yes, I started a new blog - kind of. Email me at queentomy3boys@yahoo.com. I'll tell you about it.

Kate said...

Oh no! Well, at least you had the patience to restart. And yes, at sock guild when they showed us thrums they were really just a wisp of a strand, folded in half and rolled just a tad in the middle to make them hold their shape. Good luck on the next attempt!