Monday, March 1, 2010

Gluten-Free Bread Recipe

I have been experimenting with various gluten-free recipes. Along the way I have had various successes and failures. Baking with gluten free products is akin to entering a new world, not only are you using "new" materials, they also have "new" results.

To ease the transition a bit I bought a few mixes to help figure out what products are suppose to be like before and after baking. Sometimes it feels like a huge effort to find ones that work and are cost effective.

Take store bought gluten-free bread at $9.45/loaf! Which is a little like cardboard and always needs to be toasted. Who wants to live life like that? So after a little expirementing I have had a happy success modifying Gluten Free Goddess's bread recipe. Instead of using the flour she listed, I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Flour.

My daughter's were delighted! And truthfully so was I!

At last a sandwich that was like the real thing.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

That bread looks so tasty! It really is outrageous that gf bread is so expensive. This month I am trying to make my own bread...we'll see how this goes!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your bread looks amazing! I hope you find a range of successful GF recipes to use. Home made bread is always a winner.

Laura said...

That bread looks great! I cannot believe that it is so expensive to buy it in the store! That's ridiculous! Congrats on finding a recipe that works for you!

Rebekah said...

the bread looks great! I've been experimenting with different gf grains, but haven't made any gf bread yet

Kim's Kraziness said...

I was wondering what you had decided to do. I have the ladies from the Bulk place asking me when I'll be making a big order. glad you are able to make something you can enjoy!
And BTW....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Kristyn Knits said...

good for you for trying out mixes to see what to expect. I don't know that I would have thought to do that first! your bread looks great!

t does wool said...

the bread look delicious!

Lena V said...

The bread looks good enough to eat, well done!