Thursday, July 9, 2009

pinky pye inspired

I am currently reading aloud the book "Pinky Pye" to my girls.
In the book there is a little boy, Uncle Bennie, who is going to turn four on the fourth of July.
On that day he is supposed to stop sucking his thumb.
When he goes to bed that night, it doesn't happen and he says he will tomorrow.
And so the story goes....

All that to preface the rest of my short story...

Yesterday we were leaving to go somewhere, I don't remember exactly.
What I do remember is that I had my head in the van, when Boo-boo decides to say:

"Mommy I will stop picking my nose when I get older,
I just like it too much right now!"

"Um? Okay then! Thanks for telling me!" Can anyone tell me what am I suppose to say to that?

I did restrain myself from bursting out laughing. But all the "eew, yucky, gross, bacteria" talk is doing nothing to discourage her from digging for gold.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Too funny! I really don't know what I'd say to that one either!!

stitching under oaks said...

got nothing for you on that one! Let me know what you figure out! Too funny. She is a cutie pie...even if she still likes picking her nose!