Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the undercover dutch girl goes green


so after being married for 13 years and making all the meals that go with it
i finally made my first pot of "stompot"
a friend gave me some kale and i thought why not try it
on a positive note, the girls raved about the meat, it was soft and tender
the rest of the meal went something like this
j said "this reminds me of...well, maybe i shouldn't say that, so let's just say it's not my favourite"
our three-year old is making gagging noises and asking for milk and water to drink
my wonderful husband asks "so is this a dutch dish? did your mom make it?"
and before i could answer
our quiet middle daughter pipes in and says "well that makes sense why it doesn't taste normal because we don't live in a dutch town"
and while I write this I have been informed that we have enough to last for the next 6 months
Oma and Opa you better come soon!

2 comments:

Kim's Kraziness said...

What the heck! That doesn't look like enough to feed Aryssa!!

Lena said...

This is hilarous, it does look kinda watery,and it looks like it does not have enough kale.